Hope Ignited is looking for an experienced Director of Nursing to join our team at the Sacre Coeur Pediatric Center of Excellence. The Director of Nursing will be responsible for providing direct clinical care and educating local nurses and students in an effort to maintain quality of care throughout the center, and helping develop protocols to be used to direct clinical care in the center and community. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience in pediatric nursing and nursing education, and is comfortable working in cross-cultural settings.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing required
- Valid RN license
- Experience in leadership and education
- Strong ability to work in cross-cultural settings and as part of a team
- Recommended: French language proficiency
- Lead the nursing staff in delivering excellent clinical care to patients and providing medical support to clinic staff
- Creating and leading educational initiatives for nursing staff and students
- Create new policies and update prior policies to improve clinical care for patients
- Help develop and implement quality improvement projects to improve clinical safety for patients
- Participate in community outreach events aimed at improving knowledge and awareness surrounding pediatric health issues
- Computer skills, including ability to complete documentation in EMR
- Basic proficiency using public speaking technologies (computer, projector, speakers, etc) for educational initiatives
This position is a long-term missionary position through our non-profit organization, Hope Ignited. The candidate will be required to raise necessary funds to cover all living costs for him/her and family. As we already have families full time in Guinea, we will be able to provide assistance in fundraising tools, logistics of preparing to live in Guinea, lodging and school options for the family on the ground, etc. The candidate will be welcomed into a flourishing missionary community on the ground that will no doubt help transition the candidate / family into their new life.